Passport and ID pictures for 39 CHF
Do you need a new and professional passport photo for your driver’s license, your ID, your public transport subscription or for a visa?
As a certified photography company with a passport photo studio directly in the center of Zurich, we take biometric passport pictures as well as pictures for visas, according to the current national and international guidelines. Appointments for baby passport photos can also be booked with us.
You will receive your finished biometric passport pictures a few minutes after the shooting, directly at your appointment. Come by our passport photo studio directly at the Zurich Main Station, we look forward to meeting you.
What size must a Swiss passport picture be?
What is a biometric passport picture?
A biometric passport pictures, as needed for example for the Swiss or European passport, must comply with EU or ICAO requirements. Biometric passport pictures facilitate facial recognition based on the image.
Can I take my passport picture myself?
Passport photos can in principle also be taken by oneself, but there are some things to consider. Since the regulations for passport pictures are quite strict, the chance that the pictures being rejected is greater if they are not professionally done. If you still want to take your passport pictures at home, you can find some tips here:
- Photograph yourself in front of an evenly white lit background and avoid shadows in the face as well as on the wall.
- Make sure that the body and face are in a frontal position so that there are no shadows on the face.
- Generally, you should have a neutral facial expression, but a slight smirk is usually allowed
- If you wear glasses, make sure that there are no reflections in the lenses (otherwise take the picture without the glasses).
- Check the consulates page of the country for which you need the passport picture, to find the specific requirements for the picture
What is the right picture format?
The format of your passport picture depends on the country for which you need it. However, generally the following applies:
- EU & Switzerland: 3.5×4.5 cm
- UK: 3.4×4.5 cm
- USA: 5×5 cm
- Canada: 5×7 cm (muss zwingend in einem Fotostudio aufgenommen werden)
- India: 5×5 cm
Important information about passport photo requirements can be found on the respective country’a consulate website.
Where can I find the applicable requirements for passport or visa pictures?
If you are unsure about the passport picture requirements of a specific country, we recommend that you consult the official websites of the respective consulate. Usually you will find the relevant information under the headings “Documents”, “Passport” or “Services”.